Hermosa Arts & History Association 2022 Auction Fundraiser
HAHA Online Auction Fundraiser
Scroll down for a slideshow of the items that were auctioned.
March 15, 2022 -- Auction went live on the McPherson website. Let the online bidding begin. March 18, 2022 -- Auction preview took place from 2 pm to 6 pm. March 19, 2022 -- Auction preview took place from 10 am to 4 pm. The online bidding closed at 6 pm. March 20, 2022 -- Auction items were paid for and picked up between 10 am and 2 pm. March 21, 2022 -- Auction items shipped to remote bidders unable to pick up items.
McPherson Auction very kindly donated their auction services to HAHA so that 100% of the money raised by your bids will go to support HAHA's building renovations and programs. Many, many thanks to McPherson and to all who have donated such wonderful items that will be up for bid-- original artwork and limited edition prints, vintage Navajo rugs, rare local history books, antique and vintage furniture, Rendezvous and Buckskinning knives and lanterns, a Strider bike, Christmas decorations, clocks, quilts and comforters, glassware, and many other items. You'll have to browse the auction photos, below, to see everything. You'll be amazed!
Here's How the Auction Works
(1) Register to bid at the McPherson Auction website. Go to https://mcphersonauction.com/ and click Auction Registration. You will need to set up a password-protected account with your name, address, email address, and phone number. You will need to enter a credit card number so you can pay for the items you bid on. You will need to read McPherson's Terms of Agreement and click that you agree to the terms. Once you do this, you will be able to go to McPherson's Auction pages for HAHA, as soon as the auction is posted.
(2) Preview the auction items online. Browse through the photos of the auction lots on the McPherson website or the slideshow posted on this webpage below, and make notes of any lots (an individual item or a group of items) that interest you. You can also look for featured lots on the HAHA Facebook page.
(3) View the auction items in person. You may view the auction items on Friday, March 18th between 2 pm and 6 pm, or on Saturday, March 19th, between 10 am and 4 pm. Items will be labeled with their lot number. Now is the time to check size, age, and condition before you bid. HAHA volunteers have described each item as best they can, but many items are older and their history has been lost. No guarantees are made-- items are sold "as is."
The auction items may be viewed only during the hours listed. The address is 14245 Windbreak Road, which is 5-and-a-half miles south of Hermosa on Highway 79, on the east side of the highway. We will have signs posted and HAHA volunteers will be on the premises to direct traffic and answer questions.
No smoking, no pets outside your vehicle, no public restroom. Thanks for your cooperation.
(4) Bid on the auction items. Going . . . going . . . gone! All bidding must be done on the McPherson Auction website, following the terms of agreement listed there.
The auction will begin to close at 6 pm, Saturday, March 19th starting with the first few lots, and continuing through all the Lots, a few each minute. With nearly 200 Lots, this will take a little over an hour.
As long as active bidding is still taking place an item will not close. As a Lot nears its ending time, if someone outbids you, you'll have one minute to make a counter bid to win the item. Then anyone else will have another 60 seconds to counter your bid.
If no bids have been made for one minute, the item will be closed for good.
(5) Pay for and pick up any items you win. Auction items must be paid for in advance and picked up between 10 am and 2 pm on Sunday, March 20th. Please be ready to show ID when you come to collect your item(s), so we don't send anything to the wrong home accidentally.
You can pay using the credit card you registered on the McPherson website. Or you can pay with cash or check when you pick up the items on Sunday.
(6) Have your item shipped to you. HAHA is offering some rare and collectible art and other vintage items, so we welcome bidders from across the country. If you are unable to pick up your item(s), any packaging and shipping cost is in addition to the winning bid amount.
If you need your item shipped to you, you will need to pay McPherson Auction by credit card for the item. We will take your item to Pak N Mail in Rapid City on Monday, March 21st along with your contact information. Pak N Mail will contact you with the shipping charges and require you to pay in advance. Then they will professionally package your item and ship it to you in whatever way you request (US Mail, UPS, FedEx, SpeeDee Delivery, etc.). Insurance will be your responsibility.
Here are the first 100 Lots to be auctioned.
The second set of Lots, 101 through 198, are in a slide show below this one.
Please note that the lots are not organized by category. That is, you will find artwork scattered throughout the entire auction, from lot #1 to lot #173. Be sure to click through ALL the lots or you may lose your chance at a treasure. The Navajo rugs are near the end of the second slide show-- don't miss them!
Here are the second 100 Lots to be auctioned.
The first set of Lots, 1 through 100, are in a slide show above this one. *** Uploading Underway -- only 145 of 198 lots are shown here -- please be patient*** Please note that the lots are not organized by category. That is, you will find artwork scattered throughout the entire auction, from lot #1 to lot #173. Be sure to click through ALL the lots or you may lose your chance at a treasure. The Navajo rugs are near the end of this second slide show-- don't miss them!